Forum Discussion

anitak
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Font colors in Terminal emulator Green Screens

We are automating the Web Based Termainal Emulator in IE,Edge  and Chrome browsers using test complete.

As it is a product based build testing would like to test the new Features such as color Mapping, Key mapping etc.

We are not able to verify the colors that have mapped to the text in the Terminal Emulator green screens. Kindly help us to resolve this issue in Testcomplete.

• Hi,

using HTML5 canvas

Unless Support provides you with a solution/workaround (which I would really appreciate if you share here), it is my opinion that end-to-end functional automation is barely possible for canvas. The only thing that you can try is to talk to Development and discuss what functions/data structures on the page can be called/examined to check this or that functionality. I.e. you might be able to reliably automate integration/grey-box tests, but not GUI-oriented functional tests from the end-user point of view.

12 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Are you able to see the text in Object Spy?  You should be able to find the color there.

anitak
      Occasional Contributor

No. Im not able to even key in the values based on the row,column position in the green screen as its identified as a single object like Frame,Canvas.

Even I want a solution to automate the green screens without simply recording . If there is any click option works with row , column wise in green screen would be useful.

As my product is a web based terminal emulator need a solution to automate in a best way using Testcomplete.

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

Recording is a useful tool to determine how TestComplete is actually looking at your application.  I wouldn't use it for the whole test but I frequently use it for beginning a framework.  Don't automatically discount it!

You might take a look at the Advanced options in the Object Spy for the frame and see if any of those values will let you drill down to the text.

Other than that, I suggest you contact Support directly with your question.  Here's the link:  https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=TestComplete