Forum Discussion

jorgesimoes1983
Regular Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Firefox 30 patch?

Hi, Firefox was updated to version 30, TC stopped recognizing objects.

When can we expect a patch? :)

Thanks!

8 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Firefox 30 patch is available!

Download it here or restart TestComplete - you will get a message about the patch.

Our R&D team is awesome, isn't it? :)

jose_pita
    Super Contributor
    TestExecute doesn't work with the TE patch, is the patch ok?

With objects mapped on name mapping, it doesn't find them, it enables the extended find ,keeps on looking for the parents of the object and nothing...

This message is posted to assist you in troubleshooting the subsequent "The object does not exist" error.

The mapped item "table", which is one of the parent objects of the missing object, has the Extended Find attribute enabled. As a result, the test engine sought for this parent object on all levels down the object hierarchy and found the following object matching the mapping criteria:

Sys.Browser("firefox").Page("http://psf.testing.vitacare.pt:8100/vitacare/Vitacare/Administracao/VtcGestaoUsuarios.jsp?CH=908&VTCOP=Novo").Panel("content").Panel(0).Frame("iframeContent").Form("contentForm").Table(0)

If it is not the desired object, then this mismatch may be the cause of the subsequent "The object does not exist" error. If this is the case, correct the mapping criteria to identify the objects more precisely.

jorgesimoes1983
    Regular Contributor
    With TestComplete, click action (using namemapping) works fine, with TestExecute doesn't... it can't find the object and shows a message "...something... extended find..."
    jose_pita
    Super Contributor
    Just downgraded to FF29 and the problems remains....

Was working before, no idea what happened...

Update:

As soon as I removed TCff30 extension from the folder it started working again...
    jose_pita
    Super Contributor
    Hi Tanya,

I'm guessing now is something more than the patch because I'm having problems with internet explorer too.

Everything runs properly with TestComplete but not with TestExecute.

I think it is only going wrong with old tests that I use name mapping, but by the end of today's run I'll send support an email with the project and the log.