Forum Discussion

kaiiii
Regular Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Facing error "Can not open file //.......file path in local system...//Tunnel.log, Access is denied"

Facing error "Can not open file //.......file path in local system...//Tunnel.log, Access is denied"

I am trying to excute my scripts in CrossBrowserTesting.

But as is execute facing this... also unfortunately I had deleted that tunnel.log file unfortunately.

but when I create tunnel again then it's created but not able to access that tunnel.

• And you're getting the error on the machine using TestComplete?

Then, yes, you need to work with your local administrator.  File/Folder permissions include an option about "creating" or "writing" or "modifying" files.  If you somehow deleted the file, it's possible that the user that you're running TestComplete as does not have the permissions to access the file that's there... this is a permissions issue you need to resolve with your admin.

8 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

I'm guessing that the user that you're logged in under does not have write access to the file path and, therefore, cannot create or access the Tunnel.log file.  Is this happening on the remote machine in CrossBrowserTesting or is it happening on your local machine?

kaiiii
      Regular Contributor

Hi tristaanogre ,

I am working on remote machine.

How can i fix this... previously before deleting tunnel file

it was working fine.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

OK... so you're not actually running the test in TestComplete, you have a window open in CrossBrowserTesting and are executing tests there?

Then perhaps you should post this question on the CrossBrowserTesting forum.