Forum Discussion

jjorissen
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Expected error logs show success logs without any events instead, how come?

Hi,

I've got 2 different project suites in TestComplete 11, with multiple scripts inside each.

When running tests/scripts in project suite 1, I get the correct success & error logs as expected, with all kinds of events/actions visible in the log.

Also for example, when I stop a test manually during run, it will show an error, which is fine.

But when running tests/scripts in project suite 2, I get a success log all the time without any messages in the log window, no matter what I do (add objects that can't be found, stop the tests manually, etc).

Any idea how this is possible? Anyone else has seen this? Should I configure something extra?

The project properties seem to be the same for both.
What's different: project suite 2 was created in TestComplete 10 & converted to TC 11.
Project suite 1 is created in TC 11.

• After some more investigation, the reason was quite simple...

Project suite 1 had 2 common functions (unit); in the first one I set 'Log.enabled = false;' - in the second one I set 'Log.enabled = true;'

Project suite 2 re-used the first common function, so only 'Log.enabled = false;' was executed there...

Problem solved.

Topic can be closed!

1 Reply

jjorissen
    Occasional Contributor

After some more investigation, the reason was quite simple...

Project suite 1 had 2 common functions (unit); in the first one I set 'Log.enabled = false;' - in the second one I set 'Log.enabled = true;'

Project suite 2 re-used the first common function, so only 'Log.enabled = false;' was executed there...

Problem solved.

Topic can be closed!