Forum Discussion

didacher
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Ending a keyword execution at any point.

A keyword is implemented with a VBS function.  That function calls other functions which creates a stack. I am wondering if it is possible to exit a keyword at any stack level without exiting functions previously called.

keyword sendReport

Function sendReport()

Call minimize()

End Function

Function minimize()

----> It is possible to terminate the keyword execution here without making first Exit Function?

End Function
  • Runner.Stop has parameter Stop Current Test Only.

If you have your keyword tests orginized within project and you run them successively (F5 - Run Project in menu), certain keyword tests can be skipped using Runner.Stop(true) or Stop Execution keyword statement with parameter set to true.

I don't know how to stop certain function (return to top caller?), but I think it's possible to use keyword tests as individual function wrappers and stop (skip) them instead.

Sorry if this is not helpful for you either.

3 Replies

• Runner.Stop has parameter Stop Current Test Only.

If you have your keyword tests orginized within project and you run them successively (F5 - Run Project in menu), certain keyword tests can be skipped using Runner.Stop(true) or Stop Execution keyword statement with parameter set to true.

I don't know how to stop certain function (return to top caller?), but I think it's possible to use keyword tests as individual function wrappers and stop (skip) them instead.

Sorry if this is not helpful for you either.
    didacher
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks, but this stops my whole test case execution. Sorry for my bad previously explanation, I only want to terminate the current keyword (or function) and proceed with the next keyword operation.