Forum Discussion

pcherng
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Drop-down box taking too long to close

I am having an issue with selecting an item from a JComboBox element. The problem is that the application loads data from a database when an item is selected from the JComboBox. Typically, TestComplete waits until the drop down, which occurs when the data loading has been completed, before proceeding with the rest of the script. However, in cases where there is a lot of data to be loaded, the amount of time it takes to load all that data and close the drop down exceeds the amount of time that TestComplete is willing to wait. When this happens, an exception is thrown saying that the drop-down cannot be closed. There does not appear to be any way to override the timeout of the SelectItem() method in TestComplete to make it wait longer. How do I deal with this?

1 Reply

pcherng
    Occasional Contributor
    Okay, nevermind. I figured out my own problem. In case anybody out there on Google comes across this problem, the solution for me was to go to Tools>Current Project Properties>Playback and change "Auto-wait timeout, ms" to a longer period of time.