Forum Discussion

Abhay_Kulkarni
New Contributor
7 years ago

Did any one find solution to select date from date picker?

Hello Friends,

Did any one worked on date picker using script?

I manage to select it by creating dynamic xpath, but it is very slow. I am using VBScript for it.

If anybody worked on it please help?

Thanks,

Abhay Kulkarni

13 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi Abhay,

Why and what for do you need to automate date picker? Are you testing it?

Quite often, direct assignment of the date/time to the field works.

For example:

oControl.Value = strValue ' initial assignment of the date to the control
    oControl.Click ' opens drop-down calendar and selects date from oControl.Value

Set page = GetPage()
    Call page.WaitAliasChild("panelUiDatepickerDiv", 10000) ' waits for the calendar to open
    Call aqUtils.Delay(500) ' safety delay
    Call page.panelUiDatepickerDiv.Keys("[Enter]") ' confirms date and allows jscript code to do its job

Abhay_Kulkarni
      New Contributor

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply. But in this case we can't enter date into it. We need to select it. Let me explain it in details,

There is date picker on screen, First text box is editable and second is not editable. If we click on first text box then calendar gets open with two months. We need to click on first date and click on second date (It will select range of dates), when we click on second date it will display first date in first text box and second date in second text box. (Please find attached clip of date picker.). I tried it using recording, but it is not selected.

Thanks,

Abhay

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi Abhay,

Visually, your calendar controls look like those I worked with, so I hope that my suggestion may work for you. Try to assign the date (as per my example) to the first control, click on it to open the calendar, press Enter to confirm the date and assign then the needed value to the second control. Maybe, this will work.

As a side note and according to my understanding of the screenshot you have provided: I see some potential usability problem here - the first control is constantly used to enter values to it and another control (Checkout one). If I, as a user, would like to correct the checkout date, I must understand that I need to enter the first control, leave its date as it is and correct only the second date. Seems to be not very intuitive and error prone, as the initial date may be changed occasionally and this change may left not noticed. Isn't it better to discuss the possibility to make both controls to be editable? In addition to improved usability, this may make your life easier as well because it will be possible to set data to both controls independently.