Forum Discussion

dpeterson
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

DevExpress Spreadsheet Support

Can anyone confirm that Developer Express spreadsheet control is NOT supported by TestComplete? It doesn't appear to be in the list, but I'm hoping that's wrong, because that would ruin my day.

Dave

3 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Dave,

Are you testing the spreadsheet control for ASP.NET? In this case, TestComplete should recognize each cell as an individual object on a web page.

Do you have any issues with creating of a test? 

• Hi Tanya,

No, the application is not .NET. I think that's why its not recognized.

Dave
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Dave,

What do you mean by "not recognized"? If you cannot catch a target cell in TestComplete's Object Spy, it's expected. In most cases, child objects of grid controls are internal, so TestComplete does not recognize them as individual objects and does not show them in the Object Browser. 

Have you tried recording any actions over the control? What test did you get?

Here are several steps that you can try, as well:

- check whether the control is inherited from a control that is officially supported by TestComplete. If it is, use the Object Mapping feature to make TestComplete treat your control as a supported control.

- test your control by using its native methods/properties. You can find out in the control's documentation what particular methods/properties you need to use.