Forum Discussion

yaseenmd
Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Create a wrapper HTML page

i am setting up the environment for Testing Flash Web application. And i am following 

Preparing Flash and Flex Applications for Testing with the Debug Version of Flash Player.

In that, i couldnt understand this step. 

Create a wrapper HTML page.  

what should i do in that step, and why it is required

• If it's already embedded in a web page, you might not need to follow that process at all.  The process as described in that help topic is for SWF files that are not already embedded in a web page.

5 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

The reason being is that TestComplete does not support testing a flash application directly.  It needs to use the web code via a web page to access the flash application.  So, by creating a wrapper page that you then run that contains your flash application, this gives TC access.

As for "what should you do in that step"... it's a step that needs to be done by someone who has access to the flash development environment.  There are four options presented as ways of creating that page.  Pick the one that works best for you.  Probably easiest for a non-developer would be the manual creation one.

yaseenmd
      Contributor

Thanks Robert.

But I didn't understand the first point mentioned in Manual Creation

1. Replace MyApp.swf with the name of the tested application’s SWF file.

here, what is meant by "name of the tested application's SWF file"?

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Your flash application is most likely compiled as a file with an extension of SWF.  In that sample HTML file in the help topic, there is a spot that says "MyApp.swf".  Say your application is compiled as a file called "widget.swf".  Put that in place of MyApp.swf.

If you don't actually have a SWF file... then you might not have a flash application that can be tested in this method.