Forum Discussion

jyothi_pp_1
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

Connected applciation in C#

Hello ,

Can anyone help us for the below query:

1. When we use C# as scripting language in TestComplete, can we use OOPS concept? Eg: creating Class etc

2. In case of connected application in C#, if we use VS2012, then how to launch a web application say www. google.com in VS2012, Can you please share the code for this and identifying web objects in VS2012.

Can you please help us ASAP as we are stuck up in taking decision about using Connected application.

Regards,

Jyothi

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Jyothi,

The entire TestComplete engine is an OLE server that can be accessed through TestComplete’s user interface or run directly from your application’s code using the application’s language, classes, types and constant definitions. To allow this, some additional libraries must be added to your C# application. Please see the "Creating Connected Applications in C#" article for details.

As for recording tests, it's easy to use the Recording feature from the TestComplete IDE. Once the script is recorded, you can copy it to your application.

jyothi_pp_1
    Occasional Contributor

Hello,

We are using Testcomplete to automate our web based application. I want to add exception handling in our script. But the problem we are facing here is we are running testcases from excel sheet. We haven't added under Test items(organise tests option) for running the test. Can you please let me know still we are able to use this feature and also when we are running multiple test cases, if one test fails I want to continue with the next testcase execution. In help file there is a info but all this they have done when testitems are added. So can you please let me know in our scenario we would be able to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jyothi