Forum Discussion

jorgesimoes1983
Regular Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Clear breakpoints by script

Hi all! Sometimes I run my project and forget to clear breakpoints, is there any way to clear it by script?

For example, I would like to clear all breakpoints by doing something like this:

function clearBreakpoints(){

// clear breakpoints magic

}

Anybody?

18 Replies

william_roe
    Super Contributor

You can disable all debugging from the toolbar without having to find all breakpoints. The included image shows debugging enabled. Each click toggles debuggin.

disable debugging.JPG

jorgesimoes1983
      Regular Contributor

• Bit of a long winded way with additional work that is essentially mimicking the toolbar button but what about using conditional breakpoints and a debugging flag?

Have a variable, something like enableDebugging and set it to true by default. When adding a breakpoint put enableDebugging in the condition column. When it's true it will pause on breakpoints, when it's false it will ignore it and continue running. 

You can then have a SetDebuggingMode function that sets this to true/false and call it as required. 

jorgesimoes1983
      Regular Contributor

StevenN, that is actually a good idea, but how do you disable debugging by script (without having to press the button)?

StevenN
        Contributor

So, if the project variable was called "enableDebugging", The set function could be:

funtion SetDebuggingMode(state)

{

pSuite["debuggingMode"] = state;

}

Then when running your tests have something like this:

function RunMainTests()

{

// Sets the flag to false so any breakpoints will be ignored

SetDebuggingMode(false);

// Run tests...

}

• NOTE: Backup your project before you try this, just in case.

Haven't got time to test this myself, but I believe the breakpoints are stored in the project suite .tcCfgExtender file. 

I think this file is generated and not required to run your tests. So you could try to delete this before you run.

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

You can add and delete breakpoints only at design time.

To delete all breakpoints:

1. View > Debug > Breakpoints.
    2. Ctrl+A, Del.

Or you can temporarily disable the debugger: in the Debug menu, unselect Enable Debugging. The breakpoints remain, but TestComplete won't stop on them.