Forum Discussion

JNugent
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Cannot open project- complaining that script.tcscript file is not a valid script file

Hi,

I have been running my automated tests without error for this past month. They were executing successfully on Saturday, now when i try to open the project it complains that Script.tcscript file is not a valid script file.

I can;t see what has changed here becasue I haven;t changed anything since 2 days ago.

One thing i did try to do was copy the tests across the network to another location then I cancelled it because they were takingt too long.

Does anyone know how to rectify this?

When I open the project none of the scripts are available even though I can see them in the folder in Windows Explorer.

Please help- I don't want my project to be corrupted.

Thanks!

1 Reply

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Joanne,

Our Support Team has answered you via e-mail in response to your M0096283 support ticket. Here's a copy of their answer, just in case:

Your tcScript file ends unexpectedly - the XML is corrupted as if it was copied partially. Most probably, it was corrupted when you were copying it because the operation was cancelled in the middle. Do you have a back-up copy (in the location from which you tried to copy it)? If you have, replace the file in your project with the original one. If you don't have a copy, you can fix this problem by removing the Script element from your project, deleting the corrupted tcScript file and adding the Script item again. After that, you'll need to manually add your script units there as existing items (see the Adding and Removing Project Items and Their Child Elements help topic).