Forum Discussion

martinchouinard
New Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Cannot create nameMapping template

TC 14.80.627.7 x64,
Chrome 90.0.4430.212

Hi, i watched a demo that use nameMapping template, but when I try to create one, I got the error : "A template cannot be created from the Sys node that was mapped by selectors."

I try in "Mapped Objects" section and "Aliases" section. I also try with a new object.
Using XPath expressions and CSS selectors is enabled.

Try with a new project.

Video demo that I watched (go to 33min) : https://smartbear.com/resources/webinars/test-maintenance-tackling-the-hardest-part-of-func/?ws=A

Is it possible to create nameMapping template for web element ?

Thx to the SmartBear Community !

Martin C.

ebarbera
    3 years ago

Hi martinchouinard - 

Not at this time - the templates only work for the property based NameMapping.

Emma

3 Replies

• Hi martinchouinard - 

The templates unfortunately would not apply for the XPath/CSS method of mapping. The templates are actually used to specify specific properties for TestComplete to use when using the property based method of identification.

So a template would not apply in this case since you are using the selectors instead of properties. 

Let me know if you have further questions

Emma

martinchouinard
      New Contributor

Hi ebarbera 

Thx for your reply

I cannot use properties because I want to use cross-platform and this checkbox needs to be checked.

I want to use Templates to auto-detect my web attribute "data-role" and be the first in the list when the objects are created from recording.

Is there any alternatives for my case ? 

Thx again

Martin C.

ebarbera
        Staff

Hi martinchouinard - 

Not at this time - the templates only work for the property based NameMapping.

Emma