Forum Discussion

Amna
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Can we print the results of test logs in word document

Need to have a way to start doing automated reports instead of me manually creating word document every time. My client basically wants everything to be automated. Currently I was creating a word document that showed everything that passed and failed with the scripts and was showing details on what errors I was running into. He wants there to be a way where I test the scripts on Thursday and Friday then a report is generated during or after my testing and you can go onto test complete and see everything I tested and all of the errors if any. Attached is example of the word documents I was creating and also how the reports are currently. Right now everything is reported but it is kind of sloppy so we wanted to know if there is better way to do it.

• Word can convert PDF documents natively. However you can export log results as an MHT file directly from TestComplete, which compiles the full log including images and styles into a single file, with much more information for the client. 

Another automation option would be, if you're running your tests through Jenkins, you could add a post-build step to email result files to a recipient (Editable Email Notification).

• Can we export the test log in word format ?

• No, i'm afraid exporting directly to Word is not possible currently.

5 Replies

• Hi Amna 

It's possible to export to HTML, MHT, JUnit and to Print to PDF. You could import PDF to Word if you really needed in that format. Is there a specific reason for Word being required?

Amna
      Occasional Contributor

Actually I am coding the scripts so I can view the results from log. But my client wants this format to view the results.... How can I Import IN PDF format ?

mikef
        Staff

Word can convert PDF documents natively. However you can export log results as an MHT file directly from TestComplete, which compiles the full log including images and styles into a single file, with much more information for the client. 

Another automation option would be, if you're running your tests through Jenkins, you could add a post-build step to email result files to a recipient (Editable Email Notification).