Forum Discussion

jsoso
New Contributor
15 years ago

Can't find a drop-down item

Hello,

We just use TC6 to record a script for a drop-down control. We need to click the drop-down button first, and then click one of an item in the drop-down menu. But if we play this script directly, we found we can't find the object. Its full name is '... .WPFObject("HwndSource: PopupRoot", "", 2).WPFObject("PopupRoot", "", 1)...' .Actually, if we edit it to '... . WPFObject("HwndSource: PopupRoot","").WPFObject("PopupRoot","",1)...', just edit its father's name, the object can be found. So I just want to know, is it necessary that we have to do some edit for this kind of control after recording? Or it's a bug of TC? Thank you so much for your help.

Sunny

2 Replies

• Hi,

It looks like there was another window with the same class when you recorded your script. That's why, TC used an index. This is not a problem in TC, this is related to your application's behavior when you were recording your test.

jsoso
    New Contributor
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type" />
    <meta content="Word.Document" name="ProgId" />
    <meta content="Microsoft Word 12" name="Generator" />
    <meta content="Microsoft Word 12" name="Originator" />

Hi Jared,

Thank you so much for your reminding. I just found a small
    tooltip will pop up at the same time, which might be the reason why I got that unexpected object name. Many thanks for your help.