Forum Discussion

mgreen
Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Can default operations for Record Keyword Tests be changed?

I am recording tests on a web app, and I've noticed TC likes to use the "ClickItem" test action that has a value attached.  It always fails using this method, and the log says "The object with the specified attributes does not exist.".

The item I'm trying to access is a button looking image that turns into a drop-down menu, with 3 items in it.  I am able to successfully Name Map all 4 of the objects without a problem, but Test Complete will not use my Name Mapping for the 3 values inside the dropdown, instead it calls ClickItem "value1", etc.   

I am able to use the Click(); action on the dropdown values with success if I input the Name Mapping I made for it manually, but the goal here is to have the Record feature detect the drop-down selection so that non-coder can make their own test. 

Is there anyway I can exclude TC from using ClickItem action when recording keyword tests and simply have it use the Click action instead?  Or is there another recommendation? I seem to always have issues with Clickitem

Thanks!

• The short answer is no.  If the object you're clicking is recognized as a drop-down control and the ClickItem action is available, that is what TestComplete will use.

1 Reply

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

The short answer is no.  If the object you're clicking is recognized as a drop-down control and the ClickItem action is available, that is what TestComplete will use.