cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone help me how to handle a red-squiggled field?

Highlighted
Not applicable

Can anyone help me how to handle a red-squiggled field?

I do a negative testing and entering an incorrect data to the field.  The field become red-squiggled.  I understand that I have to use property checkpoint for that object to verify that, but I don't know which property should be selected.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager

RE: Can anyone help me how to handle a red-squiggled field?

Hi Alex,

This is something where the developers of your tested app may help you. Can you ask them exactly how they show the red rectangle after checking the correction of the specified data?

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Highlighted
Contributor

The reason that the field has been left with red edges may be related to changing css in that field. You can try to identify the element or by using the QuerySelectorAll or Xpath. 

See more at: 

I hope I help

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Leonardo,

Thanks for your suggestion. Using XPath and CSS Selector would help if Alex performed web testing. However, judging by the screenshot, he tests a Windows application.

Alex, did you get some advice from your developers?

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Script Wanted
Let's start July with new challenges!

Create a script to pass custom command-line arguments as a test parameter for the TechCorner tag!

Will you dare to take the challenge?

Top Kudoed Authors