Forum Discussion

kfulford
New Contributor
15 years ago

Breakpoints and Pause not working

Hey all I am setting breakpoints in my code and they are not stopping the execution of the code. Also I am not able to stop the scripts from running by clicking the pause button as well. I am running Test Complete 7.52.678.5 on this machine anyone have any ideas?

Kris

7 Replies

• Hi Kris,

Do you use scripts or KDT?

Please make sure that the Enable Debugger button on the Test Engine toolbar is activated.

Also, please check whether debugging works for DelphiScript / VBScript projects.
    kfulford
    New Contributor
    Sorry for the slow response, things have been busy and I have just had to deal with it for the time being. I ran both installers but still no stopping at break points. The pause button does not work when a script is running as well, you can see the button push but it does nothing.

Kris
  • I had the same issue but resolved after installing script debugger
    kfulford
    New Contributor
    OK, I read through those articles. I did not have the key in the registry it was looking for so I registered the pdm.dll. Tried it and still no stopping on breakpoints. I do not have Visual Studio Installed but I looked anyway and I had the VS7DEBUG folder so I renamed it then reinstalled the MS Debug. Still no stoppie. :-( I do have Turbo Delphi on my machine and I am testing a Delphi App if that makes a difference.
    kfulford
    New Contributor
    After the steps above did ot work I decided to try everything again fresh. So I closed out of everything rebooted ran all the steps again, rebooted again and tried it and my breakpoints are now working. There must have been a file locked or something when I ran the install before. Everything is working now, thanks for your help!!

Kris