Forum Discussion

jbarlet
New Contributor
15 years ago

Application error, memory couldn’t be read

Hello,

I'm responsible of the software verification and validation in my compagny.

So, we use your product 'TestComplete Edition standard version 6.52' to play many graphical user interface tests. These tests are played automatically from a integration continuous server (Cruise Control.net). We use NAnt to play one by one all tests provided by our testcomplete project suite.

Bellow, you could see an extract of our Nant script to call a routine from our testcomplete suite :

<exec

program="${testComplete.dir}\TestComplete.exe

timeout="2000000"

failonerror="false" verbose="True" >

<arg>

<path>

<pathelement file="${RemisolWorkingFolder.dir}\${ProjectSuiteName.dir}" />

</path>

</arg>

<arg value= "/r" />

<arg value= "/p:${WorkbenchUnitTestProjectName}" />

<arg value= "/u:Main" />

<arg value= "/rt:PlayOrderValidation_PlayValidationPreviousResultTests" />

<arg value= "/ns" />

<arg value= "/e" />

<arg value= "/SilentMode" />

</exec>

Unfortunaly, when the test is terminated, Testcomplete try to close itself but we have every test a testcomplete 'application error' windows. The text in this widows tell there is a memory access violation. See the screenshoot attached to this post.

So, have you ever had this bug ? And could you give us a solution to fix this problem. Because this problem block our process.

3 Replies

• Hi,

First of all, I recommend that you install the latest TC 6 update (6.53). If the problem occurs with it, try using TC 7.

jbarlet
    New Contributor
    Hi,

It's impossible from your website to download the last version of Testcomplete 6, the version 6.53. So we can't upgrade our version 6.52 to 6.53.

For the testcomplete version 7. I wish test it on our test suite solution. But with your limitations (Projects, scripts count limitation), it's impossible to test it in the same conditions.

So, in first, could you give me a way to get the version 6.53 ? And secondly, could you provided us, a Testcomplete version 7 without limitation for 10 day max evaluation ?

Regards

Julien BARLET

• Hi Julien,

> It's impossible from your website to download the last version of Testcomplete 6

If you mean the demo version, there's no way to download it. If you have a license of TC 6, you can download it from ClientServices.