Forum Discussion

deepti_1
New Contributor
14 years ago

Application Error.memory could not be read

Hi,

With reference to the thread http://www.automatedqa.com/forums/forum/post/?mode=singlethread&thread=9d052e37-7803-4f47-ba51-c48843a016d4 .

We used to get the same error message with TC 6.53 , n now we hav upgraded to TC 7.52.

Unfortunately for us the issue still persists and we get the error message when TC or TE tries to close itself. I am using a batch file to run the automated tests in which one project runs after the other. But since this error appears while TC tries to close it self in the first command line , the remaining projects are not getting run.

Please provide solution.

Thanks in advance

Deepti

3 Replies

• Hi Deepti,

Please follow the steps below to help us investigate the problem:

1. Download a free trial version of AQtime 6, which is our profiling tool, from our web site. The trial can be requested on the following page of our web site:

http://www.automatedqa.com/downloads/aqtime/

2. Install the tool.

3. Start AQtime with the -NotOpenApp command line argument. For example, you can use the following command line:

"c:\Program Files\Automated QA\AQtime 6\Bin\AQtime.exe" -NotOpenApp

4. Select the 'File | New Project From Module...' main menu item.

5. In the Open File dialog, select the TestComplete's executable file and click Open.

6. Take a look at the AQtime toolbar - there is a combo box. Open it and select the "Tracing | Exception Trace Profiler" item.

7. Select the "Options | Options..." main menu command - the Options dialog will appear.

8. Set the "Profiling Time | Event View | General | Exceptions | Depth shown" setting to 100 and click OK.

9. Start TestComplete.

10. Click the Run | Attach to Process... main menu item in AQtime.

11. Select TestComplete's process from the list by double-clicking it and click Run in the dialog that appears after that.

12. Reproduce the problem.

13. After the problem occurs, right-click somewhere within the Event View panel (it is opened by default at the bottom of AQtime's window) and select the 'Save All...' item.

14. Save the panel's contents to an HTML file and send me the file via our Contact Support form:

http://www.automatedqa.com/support/message/

Thanks in advance.

deepti_1
    New Contributor
    Hi,

I have tried the steps u mentioned. The problem is that, the error does not come always. And as i hav said , the tests are run via a scheduled task batch file and its run at night  time and the one project runs after the other i.e TC Closses at the end of a project and starts again . So the below mentioned steps  is not posiible,

9. Start TestComplete.

10. Click the Run | Attach to Process... main menu item in AQtime.

11. Select TestComplete's process from the list by double-clicking it and click Run in the dialog that appears after that.

12. Reproduce the problem

since there is no gaurantee as to after the closing of which project the error will appear, and also attacching the Testcomplete.exe process everytime it opens is not possible since it runs at night.

Thanks

Deepti