Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Else Crashing TC v10?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

Anyone Else Crashing TC v10?

I have found that if I fire off a script which starts by opening IE, then I realize IE is open so I quickly both close IE and then click Stop for TC again and again, TC becomes completely unresponsive and I have to force a Restart on my PC to get back control.

Has anyone else encountered this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

RE: Anyone Else Crashing TC v10?

Hi Mike,

Based on the information from here, TestComplete 10 doesn't officially support IE 11. Although, I saw many people who are using TC 10 and IE 11, and they work OK. Can you contact our TestComplete Support team to investigate the situation?

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I believe I saw something similar a few days back, from memory I managed to get task manager going and kill the TC process. One thing to note is that while you will get a warning in the test log if the browser is open before a Run command, it should not actually disrupt the test. I've been running several of my tests starting with a Run with the browser already open. Best to only have one tab open though.
Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks, Jack.  I first tried Task Manager, but it failed to close TC (each time this occurred).  I am using a Log In script to launch IE and log in to the app, then it runs the script of interest.  I like it to run as cleanly as possible, but in my enthusiasm to get it rolling I sometimes forget to manually close IE and just fire off the start of the scripts.  That's the point where I go "ACK!  CLOSE, DAMN YOU!  CLOSE!" but alas, it fails.

But whether its through the log as you wrote or my manually stopping the script, shouldn't TC be able to handle it either way?
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Theoretically yes, but I imagine that there are probably quite a few factors at play here. And yeah I know the feeling of  "ACK!  CLOSE, DAMN YOU!  CLOSE!".

I did however just try exactly what you are doing (launching the script then closing the browser and stopping the script) and didn't run into any issues. It did take around 15 seconds to close the test but got there in the end.
Highlighted
Contributor

Hmm... It does occur to me that had just updated to IE11.  Maybe it and TC v10 have compatibility issues?  Being TC10 is still in Beta, that would be understandable.

Its not a horrifying problem since just slowing down and making sure I have things set before clicking Run would solve it, but I was wondering if someone else was encountering it.

Thanks, Jack 🙂
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Mike,

Based on the information from here, TestComplete 10 doesn't officially support IE 11. Although, I saw many people who are using TC 10 and IE 11, and they work OK. Can you contact our TestComplete Support team to investigate the situation?

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor

That was the conclusion I was drawing as well.  No worries at all...I just reverted back to IE9 and all is well.

Thanks!!! 🙂
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Why don't you just check if IE is open and close it and open it again or just run a bat that closes all IE instances? This last one is what I use... Even with IE 11
Highlighted
Contributor

That occurred to me...still learning how to do things like that. 🙂 
Highlighted
Super Contributor

You're in for a treat! 😉
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors