Forum Discussion

Oferv
Super Contributor
13 years ago

An exception,OLE error after upgrading to TC 8.7

Hi,

i'm experiencing an exception during running my project on TC 8.7.

i just upgraded yesterday and this error display first after overnight run.i didn't see that on 8.6

see attached error screen shot

6 Replies

AlexeyK
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Ofer,

It's difficult to say what went wrong according to the information you provided.

Did you look at your script code? What does the problematic script line do?

Oferv
    Super Contributor
    Yes, TC was trying to execute this line.

while(NameMapping["Sys"]["Process"]("FusionDesktop")["WPFObject"]("HwndSource: MainWindow", "gDoc Fusion")["WPFObject"]("MainWindow", "gDoc Fusion", 1)["WPFObject"]("Grid", "", 1)["WPFObject"]("BusyMessageControl")["WPFObject"]("LayoutRoot")["WPFObject"]("BusyIndicator", "", 1)["zIsContentVisible_k__BackingField"] == true)

i did ran this project 3 over night and didn't have any problems.yesterday i upgraded TC to version 8.7 that's why i think it's TC's upgrade who's causing the exception
    AlexeyK

Ofer,

If you don't change anything else, and if the error still occurs, I'd suggest that you explore your application. As far as I can see, you are checking the value of the zIsContentVisible_k__BackingField property. Perhaps, this property no longer exists, or its data type is not boolean.

* Launch your application.

* Switch to the Object Browser panel.

* Find the tested object there and check if it contains the zIsContentVisible_k__BackingField property (or field).

* If the property exists, check its value. Perhaps, in the Object Browser, its value is not true or false, but (Object). In this case, click the ellipsis button and see if this object contains the OleValue property (or something like this). If it does, you should use the zIsContentVisible_k__BackingField.OleValue property for comparison.

Oferv
    Super Contributor
    Hi Alex,

attached is the object's screenshot.

see...the property which i'm checking for false or true is actually not a property,it's a field and therefore i don't know if the way i'm checking its false/true value is the right way.

more then that,the object is a progress bar that appears only when the application is loading something(new document,new project,.etc)so because of that i want to check that for each on of the loading the progress bar display and then to ask while it's there,wait and when it's gone keep on running the test.

again, you guys have the application i'm testing please try to take a look about the progress bar i'm talking about and i'll be glad if you can help me solve this one because i'm getting a lot of errors in the log file because of that.

thanks
    Oferv
    Super Contributor
    sorry here is the screen shot
    AlexeyK

Ofer,

the property which i'm checking for false or true is actually not a property,it's a field and therefore i don't know if the way i'm checking its false/true value is the right way.

There is no difference between properties and fields in this case, so the way you are checking the field is right.

again, you guys have the application i'm testing...

Sorry, but I'm not a member of the Support Team. Your problem seems to require some investigations. Please send a request to our Support Team. Please specify the id of the test case, in which you have sent your app. This will help the guys from the Support Team find your application faster.