Forum Discussion

11 years ago
Solved

Advantages and Disadvantages of Test Complete

What are the advantages and disadvantages of test complete testing tool.

What makes it different from other software testing tools ?
  • Hi Rubal,

What are the differences between Caterpillar truck and other cars?

There are a lot of them. And even if someone decide to answer this question, he had to create a huge comparison chart/table for every other car model present on the market. And even in this case, some generally minor detail might appear to be significant for you personally. For example, the car of your choice might have problems with some specific spare part in your region. Or the price that is unacceptable for me might be not a problem for an owner of a big corporation.

If you have some specific question ask it here.

Generally good approach is to download the trial (http://smartbear.com/products/qa-tools/automated-testing-tools/free-testcomplete-trial) and check if it is good for you.

TestComplete has really a lot of differences from other tools, but without knowing your requirements it is not possible to guess what is relevant for you.

6 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Rubal,

What are the differences between Caterpillar truck and other cars?

There are a lot of them. And even if someone decide to answer this question, he had to create a huge comparison chart/table for every other car model present on the market. And even in this case, some generally minor detail might appear to be significant for you personally. For example, the car of your choice might have problems with some specific spare part in your region. Or the price that is unacceptable for me might be not a problem for an owner of a big corporation.

If you have some specific question ask it here.

Generally good approach is to download the trial (http://smartbear.com/products/qa-tools/automated-testing-tools/free-testcomplete-trial) and check if it is good for you.

TestComplete has really a lot of differences from other tools, but without knowing your requirements it is not possible to guess what is relevant for you.
    Ryan_Moran
    Valued Contributor
    You can post questions to this forum and get helpful replies. Isn't that enough of an advantage to choose Test Complete? :)
    karkadil
    Valued Contributor
    Its price and huge number of supported environments/controls.
    tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    I'm with Alexei on this one... anyone can come along and post any number of advantages/disadvantages of a product... but it's best to actually relate the comparison to something realistic. 

I would say that, for the price, TestComplete has a LOT of excellent features.  And their support is second to none, IMO.
    Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3
    Really?  I'm sure there's at least one SmartBear Solutions Manager willing to answer this poster's questions.  
    tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    The question is phrased subjectively...  Really, what someone may indicate as an advantage, another would state as a disadvantage.  So, to get an objective set of comparisons, a side-by-side with another tool may be better.

Like, what's the advantages of TestComplete over QuickTest Pro?  What are the disadvantages of TestComplete over QuickTest Pro?

Now, for myself, I can't answer that specific question because I haven't done a lot of work with QuickTest Pro to give a concrete answer.

So... a rephrasing of the question to something more quantifiable would help get a clearer answer.