cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add existing item for keyword testing doesn't work.

sguda
Regular Contributor

Add existing item for keyword testing doesn't work.

Hi,

I had a keyword script for login into web page and enter the fields for login id and password under project "Test1."

Now i created another new project '"Test2" under the same project suite and added the login script from previous project as an existing item to this project.

I realised that the new project didn't have tested apps and name mapping items. So i added them to project. and i copied the tested apps item from previous project (Test1") to this project ("Test2").

It is opening the web page but not executing the other steps like entering the values into fields and property checkpoints. 

They are under same project suite, it is the same browser i am testing on. Also i tried to delete tested apps item and added again from  scratch to map IE instead of copying. My tested apps is in simple mode run.

It is throwing exception.

If anybody has an idea please let me kknow.That will be really great.
17 REPLIES 17

RE: Add existing item for keyword testing doesn't work.

Hi,

To help us investigate the behavior, please zip the entire project suite folder along with the test execution logs and send us the archive.
--
Dmitry Nikolaev

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
sguda
Regular Contributor

Will you be able to tell what am supposed to do when i am adding existing keyword test. am i supposed copy the tested apps also from pervious along with keyword test or just add keyword test and create my own tested app again.

Or am i missing anything here.
sguda
Regular Contributor

Hi David ,

This is the situation.

The project i added to project suite doesn't have tested apps and name mapping items. So i added them to project. Then i added existing keyword test script for Login into system. I copied tested apps, iexplore item from other project . I didn't add anything to name mapping. it is empty. I executed the Login script, it opens IE, but it is not executing steps after that.

So i saved name mapping item from previous project to new project. Then it executed the test with steps.

Now my question is everytime i add existing item, do i have to save the name mapping from previous project/. If so, if i want only upto certain mapping for the current project i am working on  and i delete unwanted mapping which are not useful for current project, will it delete mapping in the source project where i saved from also where i saved from originally which will result in the previous project not running.

In my other project Login is just one of the keyword steps. So the name mapping has other mapping too and not just Login.

Will somebody explain this please.That will greately helpful.

sguda
Regular Contributor

Hi ,

I am attaching archive of my project suite.

In this project suite the Login script worked when i copied name mapping folder also to new project.

But i tried to add logout script to my another project as a last step in the project, it didn't execute properly and failed.

I am not what to do when adding existing items to my current project with name mapping.If any body has anyidea , please let me know.
sguda
Regular Contributor

Please suggest if any body has any idea about what to do when adding a keyword test as existing item to current working project.

I tried adding existing Logout script as a keyword test  to my current project , it is not executing, looks like not mapping the objects correctly in the current project.

Please suggest what is the solution for this . do i have to change anything in the name mapping  page objects.

sguda
Regular Contributor

Can anybody please help with this, that will be great.
AlexanderM
Staff

Hi Sri,

I tried adding existing Logout script as a keyword test  to my current project

I cannot see any projects within the attached project suite with the Logout keyword test added. The attached project suite contains only LogIn_To_QAFA and Logout_QAFA projects. According to the test logs, the only issue you faced was regarding the cellClwyloginheader object that could not be found. However, as far as I can see from the further test execution logs, the issue was resolved and tests were executed fine.

Could you please describe the situation in more detail? Please record a video demonstrating the problem and send it to us. For example, you can use Jing, which is a free recorder.

Providing us with the project suite along with the test execution logs demonstrating the issue would be very helpful too.
-----

Alexander
Customer Care Manager
sguda
Regular Contributor

Yes, that is the project suite I had the project Logout_QAFA. I added this to another project which is residing in other project suite as an existing item. You can see attached zip file of the project i added to. As per the test it is clicking on logout button but not verifying the loginbox header as you can see in the logs.

Some times when something is not running i am going to tested apps and re pointing the path of iexplore to c;\program files\ IEXPLORE , It is executing then. But can i do this .

Hi Sri, 

It looks like you are using an incorrect object reference in the property checkpoint (the LogOut_QAFA keyword test). I suggest that you either change the property value and use the following reference:

Aliases.iexplore.pageFameEsolutions.formAspnetform.panelClwypageheader.panelClwylogincontent.tableClwyloginbox.cellClwyloginheader.textnodeCtl00Contentplaceholderc.innerText,

or redefine the property via the Select Object dialog.

If you still face any issues, please describe them in detail and give us access to the page you test. We'll try to help you with corresponding suggestions or samples.
--
Dmitry Nikolaev

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors