Forum Discussion

DmitryV
New Contributor
15 years ago

64 -bit Windows 7. .NET application is not displayed in the Object Browser panel

Hi All!

I have installed TestComplete 4.32 on Windows 7 64 -bit .

TestComplete has ceased to recognize the .NET application and display it in the Object Browser panel.

Another VC++ open application (MFC application compiled with Debug Info Agent) is recognized by Test Complete and displayed in the Object Browser as well as a 32 bit Windows XP and Vista. .Net application is displayed only on 32 bit Windows XP, Vista.

Has anyone encountered this problem in the transition from 32 to 64 bit Windows?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dmitry 

3 Replies

• I suspect it's because you're on a really old version of TestComplete.  I doubt that version is supported on newer operating systems like Windows 7.  My recommendation to you is to upgrade to the latest version.  I have no problems with TC 7.52 and Windows 7 64-bit.
  • Hi Dmitry,

TestComplete 4 does not support Windows 7 indeed, and the OS has been released significantly later than TestComplete 4, actually. I recommend that you upgrade to TestComplete 7, which supports both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 7.