Super Contributor
8 years ago
New Idea

please delete this

please delete this

6 Comments

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like a good idea... but I think it should be partnered with a "Remove" option.  Sometimes, I may want to detach a project from a project suite without necessarily deleting everything about the project.

Also, since it's possible to share components (Script files, etc.,) between projects, this should have some checks to make sure it only deletes files/folders that are unique to the project and not ones that are shared with other projects.

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

This feature already exists. When you remove something, you have the options to Remove (remove from the project/suite but leave on the disk) or Delete (remove + delete the files/folders).

mgroen2
    Super Contributor

HKosova I know, but even if you choose Delete (like in the screenshot), some files and the projectfolder remain on disk.

In the example above I selected Delete however still these files remain on disk.

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Mathijs, I cannot reproduce your scenario using TC 11.31 on Windows 7 - Delete deletes the project folder for me. AFAIK, Delete can handle external files (outside the project folder), read-only files, etc. So unless the leftover files/folders are locked by another application, or there are non-TestComplete files in the project folder, I'm not sure why the files would be left behind. I would recommend asking our support team about this.

mgroen2
    Super Contributor

HKosova Retested it but is not occuring anymore... So you are right !

Might have been a caching issue or something...

Anyway.. I'll delete (if possible) this FR....sorry for the inconvenience.