TonySS
Regular Visitor
7 years ago
New Idea

improvements to checkpoints

Testcomplete 12.30 improved the checkpoints wizard in keyword tests. However, I find there could be further improvement user experience.

I find it annoying for the following things:

1) At the first checkpoint diaglog, entering script code changes on the next wizard step.  I want it to use my code script after creating my checkpoint.

Often I like to use to script code in my checkpoint wizard to highlight the object. For example, browser.page.frame.Findchild("objectlabel","Submit",15)

However, when I select Next step, My script code CHANGES to retrieve object properties (see screen shot).  This is an issue if there is dynamic pages or if there multiple objects that are very similar. When TC actually runs the checkpoint, it may point somewhere else. I'll have to copy my code and paste it after finishing the wizard. Which is unwanted extra steps to do.

2) Have the Object spy tool display the ADVANCED properties in the checkpoint wizard on the first step. While I know there is the spy drag tool in the first step of the wizard, I want to see the Advanced Properties first. From there I can use my own script code to to entered my own property type I want to use.

This saves some steps as I often use the spy tool to check what properties I can use and then create the checkpoint.

why not combine the tools?

3) Able to search object SUB properties. Ie. property's child items.

sometimes I would like to create a checkpoint to check for background color.  However the property is under CSS script properties, sub property: background color. In the wizard is possible to search for at least another level deeper in the properties (ownerdocument.activeElement)? I can only search the main properties.

Thanks.

No CommentsBe the first to comment