Stephan
New Contributor
9 years ago
Implemented

TC11 should support Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Professional edition.

TC11 supports the following editions in MS Visual Studio 2010 - 2013:

Ultimate, Premium & Professional.

BUT for MS Visual Studio 2015 ONLY the Enterprise edition is supported.

My request: The MS Visual Studio 2015 Professional edition should also be supported by TC11.

8 Comments

• The Microsft Visual Studio 2015 Professional edition should be supported by Test Complete/Test Execute.
    We have MSDN with Professional Edition and there was no problem working with Test Complete 9. Moving to Windows 10 required to use the latest Test Complete.

But now we cannot use it with Visual Studio 2015 Professional.

• Hello

I have tried TestExecute 11.31 and it still doesn't work with Visual Studio 2015 Professional.

Error CS0029 Cannot implicitly convert type 'AutomatedQA.script.var.VarDelegate' to 'bool' TestRunner2 D:\Tests\TestFramework\TestRunner2\TestRunner.cs 68 Active

Regards,

Maria

• Hello

Is there somebody to work with Visual Studio 2015 Professional Edition without problem to use Test Complete/Test Execute 11.31?

Regards,
    Maria

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello Maria,

Thanks for your question. Our QA Team has informed that there was some issues with the installation. Those issues had been fixed. Could you please contact our Customer Care Team to get the patch? You can reach out to them here: http://support.smartbear.com/product-list/

• Hello

I received yesterday from support a new build for Test Execute (for another issue) 11.31.2450.11 and the problem is not resolved for me.

Maria

• Hello Community

The support case for this issue is:

CASE #00174600: TC11.31 SUPPORT FOR MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO 2015 PROFESSIONAL

If you see this case, the problem is not resolved for VS 2015 Professional and probably there will not be the solution.

I get the impression from comments there that only we are using TestExecute to test an applications via Connected Applications.
    Is it possible?

And if not and you are using TestExecute with Connected Applications what are your comments about this?

Regards,
    Maria