shankar_r
Community Hero
7 years ago
New Idea

Spell check in code editor

We used to print the custom logs using Log options. It would be better if we have spell checker in TestComplete code editor.

3 Comments

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

I'm giving this a Kudo because it would be a nice thing to have... but I think there's a bit of a practicality issue.  Because it's "code", there are all sorts of things that will not match a standard dictionary.  Function names, for example, like executeSQLQuery... how will a spell checker handle that?  I think the only way a spell checker makes sense is if it is limited to strings within the code, or, more specifically, strings associated with log methods.  Other than that, I think almost ALL my code will have little read squiggly lines under it as there's a LOT that doesn't show up in the Oxford English Dictionary. :)

shankar_r
    Community Hero

I think, if we have this option only for strings enclosed with "<string>" would be enough i guess. Also we need to have option to add our custom string into dictionary so that code editor looks good with custom strings

Ravik
    Super Contributor

It should be optional or configurable. Spell check option only activate when it's configure otherwise it will show our code in red or ask to add all the items in dictionary :)

I am agree with tristaanogre