Assume this: There is a change in the software so that the previously black toolbar now is blue
-> all pictures containing this toolbar fail
To update all the failed pictures there are currently 2 possibilities:
1) check all pictures one after another > safe but very slow
for each checkpoint I have to
- check that only toolbar color changed (in the simplified example I mentioned)
- click tab “Additional info”
- click link “Update the %screenshot_name checkpoint data
- click YES in the popup
- click OK on the next popup
- click tab “Picture”
> next screenshot
> so there are 5 clicks for each screenshot. This is quite much if there is a big change in the software and many pictures have to be updated.
2) re-run the test with option "update screenshots" enabled > insecure (there could be sporadic errors or stuff) + not too fast
A Button to update all pictures in a testitem at once. (or maybe pictures that should be updated can be checked or unchecked)
So I just have to run through all the failed screenshots and check that just the color changed.
Afterwards just press the update all pictures button.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.