mgroen2
Super Contributor
8 years ago
Deferred to Support

Implement (upgrade) support for MAPI clients

When you want to send the log using a standard MAPI email client, I get the error message "Unexpected error in the MAPI client". See attached screenshot.

Email client used: Thunderbird 45.

The request is to implement a fix so that emailing the testlog using installed MAPI-based email client is possible.

7 Comments

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Did you try contacting support to see if there's already a fix for this?

• This is a bug or configuration issue not a feature request. Sending email through MAPI is already supposed to work, they don't need to add that as a new feature. If it's not working for you then you should open a support ticket.

mgroen2
    Super Contributor

Marsha_R yes I have contacted support already on this. 

ghuff2Marsha_R Could I ask you to check if this feature is working on your machines? Maybe it's a configuration issue, maybe you experience same issue...

Edit: Discussion on the forum is here

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

I don't use this feature so I can't check, sorry.

If you're talking to support about this, then why is it a Feature Request?

mgroen2
    Super Contributor

Marsha_R (and others):

To give you all extra info on this: when performing the exact same action on another workstation running Windows 7 (64bit) which has Outlook client installed (version 2010, 32bit) the interconnection issues between TestComplete and MAPI client (Outlook in this case) are not occurring.

It seems like its working fine with Outlook. However I wonder if this works well with other mail clients.

My tests using Thunderbird (v. 45) as mail client are failing.

Maybe others have other (working) setups and can share their experiences?