shankar_r
Community Hero
8 years ago
Implemented

Ability to add the calling function paramters in current function thru Code Completion

During Script development, when we call a function from one to another(using Code Completion), if the calling function has parameters then that should be displayed in the current function as we have option in the Eclipse.

function fn_samplewithparameters(str_inputname,obj_label)
{
      //funtion statements
      //..............
      //..............
}

Current behavior:
function my_test()
{
      fn_samplewithparameters()

}

Expected behavior:

function my_test()
{
      fn_samplewithparameters(str_inputname,obj_label)

}

9 Comments

cunderw
    Community Hero

While not ideal, you could always add a code completion template in your options as a workaround. 

shankar_r
    Community Hero

Currently I'm doing the same thing for some of my functions which are having more parameters.but i have more than 50 to 100 functions with parameters, If my expected option is in place it would be easier

• Hello,

It seems that this functionality already exists in TestComplete. The hint at the bottom of the Code Completion window shows parameters of the currently highlighted function:

Also, if the cursor is within the parentheses of a function call, you can press the Ctrl-Shift-Space shortcut and see the function parameters hint:

If the feature you need is different, could you please elaborate on your request?

shankar_r
    Community Hero

Ohhh... I never know this shortcut is exists in TestComplete. I'm fine with this option.

I guess, community will have some suggestions on this  

• Status changed:
    Community Feedback Requested
    to
    Implemented

Hello Friends!

I would like to close this request since TestComplete now shows the hint with parameters automatically when an opening parenthesis is typed.

Thanks!