Forum Discussion

dkasirajan
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

while recording not using created alias name instead it uses object browser name

I have mapped and created aliases for the objects . but while recording it is not using alias name. It uses complete path name  from the object hierarchy.   earlier it used to work . now i am faci...
    tristaanogre
    7 years ago

ONe item of note right off the top:

It's not a good idea in general to use the "FullName" to identify objects.  It's not really an efficient way of doing things.  

I see you're using the ClrFullClassName which is a good start but then you should find a second property (or third or fourth) in your object that, combined with the class name, would identify the object uniquely.

And that brings us to the root cause of your problem: You're not identifying your objects sufficiently to make sure they are unique.  AmDiagnostics and AmDiagnostics2 are, as you said, the same object so there must be something in the mapping properties that you're using that is not identifying it properly.  This is where I would start... look into the mapping that you set up manually, compare it to what TestComplete is using when it does the recording... I would suggest that TestComplete is probably using a more correct mapping criteria than what you did manually.