Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

validate wValue against Project Variable in UltraGrid

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

validate wValue against Project Variable in UltraGrid

Hi there,

I have an UltraGrid with one row, I want to make sure a column in that row is the JobNumber I created earlier on and is stored as a Project Variable.

I have the Property Checkpoint setup as wValue(0,2) equals Project.Variable.JobNum but it want's an explicit value (which I don't know before the test, hence variable)

how can I get this to work?

Checkpoint Setup:

jaward916_1-1599060083230.png

Error:

jaward916_0-1599059881273.png

I'm having one of those days, I'm sure this is an easy one for the gurus!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Hero

I don't see a way to select a variable in that field.  Easy enough to build your own check:

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/checkpoints/property/properties.html

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Hero

I don't see a way to select a variable in that field.  Easy enough to build your own check:

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/checkpoints/property/properties.html

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I did say it was one of those days, so previously I've done everything in script form, for this project I'm doing Keyword tests/recordings and so my options were not as obvious (to me) 

the compare properties option works just great for this. And I think that article is what I was trying to find, but clearly my search criteria wasn't up to scratch!

Thank you!

Highlighted
Community Hero

I do a mixed batch of tests too.  In keywords, you can use Run Code Snippet or Run Script Routine to sneak some code in there if you need it.   

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Join TechCorner Challenge!
Want a fun and easy way to learn TestComplete? Try solving weekly TechCorner challenges and get into the Leaderboard!

Challenge Status

Get properties of a web page element

See replies!

Compare images using the Region Checkpoint

See replies!

Compare HTML table with Excel file and correct data in Excel file

Participate!

How to execute remote test and obtain results via Test Runner REST API

Participate!
Top Kudoed Authors