Forum Discussion

Kate
Contributor
7 years ago

testedapp does not run

Sometimes I face the issue with starting my TestedApp. The issue appears on virtual machines, tests are executed by TestExecute via Jenkins.

I use TestedApps.myapp.Run() in my OnStartTest event. TestExecute says 'Waiting for myapp' and cannot start it unless I start it manually. After that for several tests it can successfully start the app. Later it can either successfully start the app for all tests or 'hang' again.

Since the issue is not stable I can't come up with any ideas on how to fix that.
Any suggestions?

8 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if it's a "permissions" thing in some way?  Are you running your tests via Jenkins where the tests are running with elevated permissions to an administrator level? I'm not a Jenkins users so I wouldn't know what to do to accomplish this.  Something you can try is to manually execute the command line on the machines on which it fails and see if you can get it to fail outside of Jenkins, just in case it's in something in that implementation.

Kate
      Contributor

The problem happens within one test suite running.

So all the environment, permissions and other stuff are the same. 

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

So, it's one particular app in one project within the larger test suite.... interesting.  Can you post a screenshot of how that app is configured in TestedApp?