Forum Discussion

helmer
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

test complete error -1073741819

I run Win10 + Jenkins + TestComplete 11. Unfortunatley I get:

[TestComplete] Test runner exit code: -1073741819

I was not able to find a explanation what error -1073741819 could mean. Can anyone help out?

• Turn out Windows 7 and 10 are different when it comes to auto logon.

When you activate auto logon and the jenkins slave start via task scheduler at system startup, your Jenkins slave gets Session ID 0 and all child process as well. This Session seems to not have access to the GUI. This is fine for Jenkins slave. But TestComplete which is lauched from Jekins slave is lost without "GUI access".

The solution my coworker found is to attach the Jenkin slave start to the user login in task scheduler. Then Jenkins slave and TestComplete get Session ID 1 and the GUI will open.

3 Replies

• Turn out Windows 7 and 10 are different when it comes to auto logon.

When you activate auto logon and the jenkins slave start via task scheduler at system startup, your Jenkins slave gets Session ID 0 and all child process as well. This Session seems to not have access to the GUI. This is fine for Jenkins slave. But TestComplete which is lauched from Jekins slave is lost without "GUI access".

The solution my coworker found is to attach the Jenkin slave start to the user login in task scheduler. Then Jenkins slave and TestComplete get Session ID 1 and the GUI will open.

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Windows 10 is a BIT pickier when it comes to running TestComplete.  I'm GUESSING that the error has to do with UAC permissions on Windows 10.  Check to make sure things are running as Admin or with sufficient user privileges in Windows.