Forum Discussion

roman_glaz
New Contributor
15 years ago

sharing session coockie between 2 different tasks ?

can i share session coockie between 2 different tasks ?

i ill explain:

the first task is Login:  after submit credentials opens Keep-Alive session to server and session coockie created.

the second one is that i try get any resource from the server (but the server verify by session coockie , if i can do this action)

so can i ?

4 Replies

• Hi Roman,

Currently, there is no way to do this. We will consider changing this behavior.

roman_glaz
    New Contributor
    but i found the way:

i catch responce by built-in fuction OnLoadTestingResponse received from one of connections from first Task (the responce body contain set-cookie parameter with sessionID) and i just copy it to request of Task 2.

but i have another question:

can i catch responce triggered not by clients request , i mean "server push" mechanizm ?

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Roman,

I may be wrong, or it may be specific to your application, but according to my understanding, (in http) the server does not try to push anything out until it receives the request from the client. (Otherwise, it looks like the server keeps some list of the clients and constantly in cycle tries to 'ping' these clients and send them something if they reply. Such approach seems to be very resource wasteful and may be treated by the (anti-virus/firewall) software as an attack attempt.)

The request from the client may be explicit (triggered by the button press) or implicit (executed on the client start). This is completely irrelevant from the load-testing functionality point of view, as the functionality cares only about requests/responces sequence.

So I think that TestComplete load-testing functionality should work for you after you've found how to handle session ids.
  • Hi Roman,

can i catch responce triggered not by clients request , i mean "server push" mechanizm ?

The current version of TestComplete does not support the server push technology.