Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

running vstest (Windows 10, TC 12) in isolation

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

running vstest (Windows 10, TC 12) in isolation

oes running vstest.console.exe /InIsolation require Microsoft Visual Studio be inslalled on the machine it is running?  I built a package and tested it on my machine which worked fine.  When I copied the TestWindow directory (and all other assorted files) to another VM it did not run.  When I did the same thing to a third VM it worked fine.

So I am wondering whether Visual Studio must be installed, you cannot just copy the test window to a new machine and run it.

So on the two machines where it works, both have this directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\TestWindow

On the machine where it does NOT work, there is no directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\

(nor in Program Files\)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Hero

Re: running vstest (Windows 10, TC 12) in isolation

You'll probably get more help with this on a board with a vstest forum or on Stack Overflow.  This community focuses on TestComplete and it's been our experience that there are not too many people here using VisualStudio.

1 REPLY 1
Community Hero

Re: running vstest (Windows 10, TC 12) in isolation

You'll probably get more help with this on a board with a vstest forum or on Stack Overflow.  This community focuses on TestComplete and it's been our experience that there are not too many people here using VisualStudio.

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video: