Forum Discussion

MadGrb
Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

reload NameMapping

Good day,

how can I during Test runing, Reload new NameMapping.tcNM file in my running project.

I want use several NameMapping file in my Project.

Thanks.

MadGrb
    4 years ago

Marsha_R Thanks for Reply.

I find myself one way to change the NameMapping during a Test by using a some Batch file and Python.

That is a bit Complicated to explain, I remove a NM then Write a script in .bat File then terminate the TC and run it again after finishing test with ex-NM then return back all file in their place.

3 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Unfortunately that's like trying to swap your car engine while you are driving down the road.  You can refresh the current name mapping but not switch the files.

I suggest building separate projects with the individual name mappings and using this

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/managing-projects/project-items/adding-and-removing.html

Note this section.  You'll still only have one copy of each test, but all the projects will be sharing the tests

To add an existing project item from a file

MadGrb
      Contributor

Marsha_R Thanks for Reply.

I find myself one way to change the NameMapping during a Test by using a some Batch file and Python.

That is a bit Complicated to explain, I remove a NM then Write a script in .bat File then terminate the TC and run it again after finishing test with ex-NM then return back all file in their place.

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

I understand what you did but that's not replacing it while the test is running either, since you've stopped TC each time.