Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reload NameMapping

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

reload NameMapping

Good day,

how can I during Test runing, Reload new NameMapping.tcNM file in my running project.

I want use several NameMapping file in my Project.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: reload NameMapping

@Marsha_R Thanks for Reply.

I find myself one way to change the NameMapping during a Test by using a some Batch file and Python.

That is a bit Complicated to explain, I remove a NM then Write a script in .bat File then terminate the TC and run it again after finishing test with ex-NM then return back all file in their place.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Hero

Unfortunately that's like trying to swap your car engine while you are driving down the road.  You can refresh the current name mapping but not switch the files.

I suggest building separate projects with the individual name mappings and using this

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/managing-projects/project-items/adding-...

Note this section.  You'll still only have one copy of each test, but all the projects will be sharing the tests

To add an existing project item from a file

Highlighted
Contributor

@Marsha_R Thanks for Reply.

I find myself one way to change the NameMapping during a Test by using a some Batch file and Python.

That is a bit Complicated to explain, I remove a NM then Write a script in .bat File then terminate the TC and run it again after finishing test with ex-NM then return back all file in their place.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Hero

I understand what you did but that's not replacing it while the test is running either, since you've stopped TC each time.

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors