Forum Discussion

johny2010_1
Contributor
14 years ago

redirection problem in the login page, please help

Hi,

Can anyone how to handle redirection problem in Test Complete ?

I get 302 warnings on login page and I think it occurs due to redirection mechanism of the web application.

Since this problems only starts to occur when I increae numbers of vusers, is there a limit for redirection in Test Complete ?

or maybe in application.

Maybe it is VIEWSTATAE but I am not sure, Test Complete must handle this.

The interesting thing is that, When I passed direction on homepage and go to login.aspx page when recording, the same problem continues.

Any idea about that ?

Best Regards

1 Reply

• Hello Johny,

Since this problems only starts to occur when I increae numbers of vusers, is there a limit for redirection in Test Complete ?

No, there is no limit of this kind. However, please note that TestComplete just simulates the recorded requests and (optionally, if Data Selectors are used) updates the dynamic parameters. If the server sends the 302 response to the request that is expected to get the 200 response, TestComplete will not follow the redirection URL provided along with the 302 response, it will just continue executing the next request that was recorded.

Maybe it is VIEWSTATAE but I am not sure, Test Complete must handle this.

TestComplete is expected to handle the ViewState parameter automatically using the Data Selectors mechanism.

So, there are no apparent reasons for the problem to occur. Let's take a look at the situation:

- the problem does not occur when the number of virtual user is low;

- the problem is that a request to the Login page gets a 302 response from server;

- a 302 response is a redirection to a different page.

All these makes me think that the VU fails to log in to the application, and the server redirects the VU to an error page, or back to the login page.

I see several possible reasons for this:

1. If all VUs use the same user credentials to log in, the problem may be related to the fact that the web app does not allow many users with the same credentials to log in at the same time.

2. If the credentials are different, this may mean that the web app can't handle correctly a certain big number of users trying to log in at the same time.

3. And, of course, I would check the actual login data that are passed in the problematic request, to make sure the data source is configured properly.

In any case, to find out what exactly happens, you may need to check the server's response body for the request that gets the 302 response instead of 200. To learn how to check the response, see the Checking Server Response help topic. You may also need to check the server-side logs.