Forum Discussion

vadi
New Contributor
6 years ago

"Exists" suddenly stopped working with no change in code, where as "VisibleOnscreen" is working.

call aqObject.CompareProperty(picMailAddressTip.Exists,cmpEqual,"-1",True,lmError)

This was working till last week. Now im getting the error 

Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment: 'Sys.Process(...).WinFormsObject(...).Exists'

5 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

I would say it is strange that it was working...

.Exists returns boolean while you are comparing it to string.

Try

Call aqObject.CompareProperty(picMailAddressTip.Exists, cmpEqual, True, True, lmError)

instead. Does it work?

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

vadi wrote:

call aqObject.CompareProperty(picMailAddressTip.Exists,cmpEqual,"-1",True,lmError)

This was working till last week. Now im getting the error 

Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment: 'Sys.Process(...).WinFormsObject(...).Exists'

My guess:

"picMailAddressTip" is a variable to which you're assigning a WinFormsObject...  however, that WinFormsObject does not Exist at the time of execution (possibly a timing delay).

I would replace your "WinFormsObject" to "WaitWinFormsObject" to properly account for the timing delay.

vadi
      New Contributor

Thanks guys for your prompt response. 

Tried with "True" as well as WaitWinFormObjects. Then I analyzed what is the change happened in the environment before the sucessful run and this failure. 

Found that Windows 10 pro Insider preview update, reverted the update and started working again. 

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

vadi:

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

> Found that Windows 10 pro Insider preview update, reverted the update and started working again.

While SmartBear guys monitor Community forums, I think that it may be not a bad idea to create Support Ticket via the https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=TestComplete form to explicitly draw their attention to the potential problem.

endorium
      Frequent Contributor

New version of chrome is out and I am getting a few oddities. Maybe linked?

Above suggesitons seem good