cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

project explorer resizing automatically after clicking stop button

SOLVED
Contributor

project explorer resizing automatically after clicking stop button

As a general rule I like having my TestComplete UI split between the Project Explorer frame and the Workspace frame. I like the project explorer frame to be about 1/4 of my desktop on the left side on the UI while the Workspace frame occupies the other 3/4. For some reason, upon clicking the stop button when i have completed a recording, the Project Explorer frame automatically expands to take over about 2/3 of my TC UI and I have to grab the frame divider handle and drag it back over to the 1/4 size. This is very annoying. i've searched TC help but can't find anything about how i might stop this from happening.  Anybody else have this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Hero

Re: project explorer resizing automatically after clicking stop button

Nope, just that these are where the settings are saved.  So, something is messing with them somehow.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Community Hero

What version of TestComplete are you running?

Highlighted
Contributor

14.30.3743.7 x64

Highlighted
Community Hero

Did this just start happening or did it happen on earlier versions too?

Highlighted
Contributor

I can't say with absolute certainty. I just know it's doing it now. Another quirkiness I've noteiced lately is that the Pause Log seems to want to undock when i click on it when my playback hits a breakpoint and i have to drag it back to where it's a tab again within the Workspace area.  Again, I don't know if that was happening in an earlier release of TC or not. 

Highlighted
Community Hero

A lot of these things you're noting are items stored within a local settings file for you, the user, using TestComplete.  Is it possible that you're somehow prevented from saving those settings?  Have your permissions on the machine in question changed?

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.

Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
Highlighted
Contributor

What is the name and location of the settings file? Is it possible I'm prevented from saving those settings? I suppose so but, to my knowledge my permissions have not changed since I started. If you can suggest something for me to try I will happy to give it a go. If not, I'll just grin and smartbear it.

Smiley Wink 

David

Highlighted
Community Hero

C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\SmartBear\TestComplete\14.0

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
----

Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
Highlighted
Contributor

i see a tcSettings.xml (545kb) and a tcUISettings.xml (3kb)  

is there somewhere inside one of these I need to take a look at/alter?

Highlighted
Community Hero

Nope, just that these are where the settings are saved.  So, something is messing with them somehow.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
----

Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available

View solution in original post