Forum Discussion

Gowreesh
Occasional Visitor
5 years ago

not able to run test scripts of same application in different environments

Problem is, I have written test scripts for desktop application in Dev environment, but i couldn't run the same scripts for the same application in QA environment. Please help me, how can i resolve this issue? how can i build scripts which will run in all environments for that particular application?(GUI is same in all environments)

5 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

> how can i resolve this issue?

Nothing personal... And already I am even not trying to guess what are the expectations of those who are just saying that something does not work for them (car, toaster, hair dryer, etc.) and wondering how this can be resolved.

Any reason for them to think that anyone here have any guess or idea about what do those people have, what they were trying to do, what was the result of their actions and what did they expect?

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

First... an LOL to AlexKaras 

Secondly, for us to be able to help you, we need to know more information.

1) What error messages are you getting?

2) What have you tried to date?

Generally speaking, the problem you are reporting usually has to do with object identification somehow.  There is something different with regards to the objects in your QA environment that is causing them to be unable to be identified.

However... we can't help you with specifics without more information. 

AlexKaras
      Champion Level 3

Thank you, Robert. With your teaching experience you are much more patient than I am. :)

sonya_m
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Gowreesh , please provide a bit more details about your situation and the Community will gladly try to help you! Thank you. 

Wamboo
    Community Hero

Hi,

Did You try to use a different app position in "Tested Apps"?