Forum Discussion

Orvai
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

javaFX treetable view support

Hello.

Our desktop application is using a javaFx treetable view control, but there is no support in testcomplete for it, it does not appear in the 'object mapping' for javaFx Objects.

Is there a way to get control of a treetable view object, or a third party extension or something else I can do? I tried to add the class in the 'object mapping' as 'javafx.treeview' object, but that does not exactly do what I need. I need to iterate through the rows of the treetable view, but it seems the column index is not the same for the same column in the different rows.

Best regards

Christoph

7 Replies

shankar_r
    Community Hero

In some cases, Even though Java full class name added in the Object mapping you won't be able to get the accessible functions.

Try to see additional methods for the particular object, Development may have some customized properties for treeview control.

I faced one scenario where i need to get the Model of the object and go from there.

As sanjay0288 said please share us some of the screenshot of your object

sanjay0288
    Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Can you please provide a snapshot of the project properties where you tried to add the JavaFX control fullClass Name.

You can follow the below mentioned link on the documentation of  JavaFx treeview support and  JavaFx Tree view methods.

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/reference/test-objects/controls/desktop/java-fx/tree-view/index.html

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/reference/test-objects/controls/desktop/java-fx/tree-view/methods.html

sanjay0288
      Frequent Contributor

Hello Orvai

Can you provide the screenshot of the object browser and the TreeTableView object browser properties and methods in the advanced view mode.

Also as a wild guess did you add the below mentioned classes as well? And refresh your object browser to see are there any properties and methods exposed to work on the control

javafx.scene.control.TreeTableColumn

javafx.scene.control.TreeItem
      javafx.scene.control.TreeTableView

Orvai
        Occasional Contributor

Hello,

without any changes to ObjectMapping, I dont get the needed attributes for TreeTableView I am getting for the TreeView control:

When I add the said entries to my ObjectMapping, I get the following attributes for my treeTableObject:

ObjectMapping:

Thanks for your fast replies

Christoph