SmartBear Connect 2018
Join us at SmartBear Connect 2018 on October 29th & 30th in Boston, MA.
Apply to speak and share your experience with the greater SmartBear Community
Occasional Contributor

change bottom line of the indicator?

Is it possible to change the bottom line of the indicator to show the project and the current script file being run?  By default, it only shows the current project, and I usually am aware of which project is being run, and knowing which script file is being run would be more helpful.  I know how to set the top line of the indicator to show the script name, but it only appears for a split second every once in a while during the tests if no other message is being displayed.

Topics: 15
Kudos: 792
Solutions: 155

Re: change bottom line of the indicator?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello, thanks for your reply - I have looked through the support material for the indicator, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but all the methods listed in the support for changing the indicator text only change the top line of text- not the bottom line, right?  Can I specify which line to push text with the PushText method?  I'm trying to change the bottom line of text - the one that reads "Orders" in the image below.  Thanks again!

indicator.PNG

Topics: 15
Kudos: 792
Solutions: 155

This is the only user option for the indicator.  Perhaps you should try it and see if would work out for you.

Occasional Contributor

thanks for answering my question

Topics: 42
Kudos: 2,367
Solutions: 478

The bottom line cannot be changed.  It gives the indication of what project is being executed.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Extensions available
Community Leaders Program