Forum Discussion

gdave
Regular Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

TestComplete 14 -Unable to Enter Username & Password

I created a simplet keyword test which launches a webpage in chrome and enters username & password. The keyword test passed confirming the keyboard input was successful however the text field for username and password  in the browser was all blank.

When the test runs, I do not see the username and password being entered on screen. I have used 'Key' operations to enter the text.

Any suggestions as to what could be possible wrong here ?

Marsha_R
    5 years ago

Make sure that your Variables.Var1 is actually text.  The "type mismatch" error is usually accurate.

8 Replies

• Hi gdave ,

I would initially check if the TestComplete  Chrome addin is enabled and your Web extension is turned on.

After checking the above two things, try spying the browser and see if you are able to spy and higlight the objects properly.

-Ashwin

Please give a Kudo and accept it as a solution if this works

gdave
      Regular Contributor

rajulapati wrote:

Hi gdave ,

I would initially check if the TestComplete  Chrome addin is enabled and your Web extension is turned on.

After checking the above two things, try spying the browser and see if you are able to spy and higlight the objects properly.

-Ashwin

Please give a Kudo and accept it as a solution if this works

Chrome addin is enabled. I even got testComplete icon at the right corner of the bar.

• Hi gdave,

There are two ways to enter text.

1)Keys - the one you've used it simulates what an actual user would do. So it types one alphabet/input at a time.

obj.Keys("user");

2)setText- it will set the entire input at once

obj.setText("user")

gdave
      Regular Contributor

Reshail wrote:

Hi gdave,

There are two ways to enter text.

1)Keys - the one you've used it simulates what an actual user would do. So it types one alphabet/input at a time.

obj.Keys("user");

2)setText- it will set the entire input at once

obj.setText("user")

So interesting this happened:

The user name field worked fine when I used 'textContent[Set]' operation, however, password field falied with 'Exception - Type Mismatch'

rajulapati
        Contributor

Try spying  the object and see if the Set Operation is allowed on Password field, because sometimes we would have Setpassword method allowed for such type of fields , similarly for dates we have SetDate.

-Ashwin