Forum Discussion

Bingo
Contributor
5 years ago

When testcomplete will auto refresh the test object?

When I use testcompete 12 to test desktop App, sometimes it need me refresh the object and it can still run the next script. Sometimes it don't need me to refresh. So my question is when testcomplete will auto refresh the test object? Trigger the click event?  Add checkpoint ...  The help doc of refresh method can't give me this answer. So I ask for your help. Thanks!

13 Replies

Wamboo
    Community Hero

Hi,

To be more specific.

Are you talking about refreshing an object from an object tree or NameMapping repository?

Bingo
      Contributor

No,  I mean during running the case, for example,  you click the OK button, other dlg appear, it still has the Ok button. But test case may be failed, because the TC will notice us the OK button is invisible.

Wamboo wrote:

Hi,

To be more specific.

Are you talking about refreshing an object from an object tree or NameMapping repository?

Wamboo
        Community Hero

In my opinion, in the example you wrote about, it can happen like this:

1) If you use nameMapping then TC searches for information about the object in NameMappingInfo and uses the data stored there to work with the actively called object in the script.

In this example, the behavior of TestComplete will also depend on the options set in this example:

Tools -> Options -> Engines -> NameMapping

2) If you don't use nameMapping (and I would recommend using it, though), you refer to objects directly via Sys.

In this example, in the "Object Browser" tab you have a list of actively accessible objects and t items related to them.

Personally, I don't know how Testcomplte reads objects from the operating system I work on. Maybe someone from other members of the forum has analyzed it before but personally I think it will be "stuck" in the code of the TestComplete application itself and you won't find it in the documentation.

If weaving, it will be answered by technical support.

Bingo
      Contributor

Yeah, the tested object in my namemapping and I test it in my cases, meeting this issue.