Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WPF not recognizing any objects

SOLVED
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

WPF not recognizing any objects

I am trying to test a new application that uses WPF controls. When I try to view the objects using Object Spy it only sees the whole application as one big window and does not identify any of the individual controls.

wpf.png

I fee like I somehow overlooked step 1 in the "how to test WPF applications" but I am not finding my answer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: WPF not recognizing any objects

I discovered that WPF worked when I created a new project but it was not working in my existing project. I assumed this meant there was some difference in the project settings so I went through them and discovered I needed some values entered under the UI Automation section.

I added the following:

WPF required.png

This solved the problem. These values default in the new projects but did not exist in my project. I have no clue what these are, but it works now.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Hero

There's a lot of information in here about identifying wpf objects.

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-testing/desktop/wpf/about.html

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I discovered that WPF worked when I created a new project but it was not working in my existing project. I assumed this meant there was some difference in the project settings so I went through them and discovered I needed some values entered under the UI Automation section.

I added the following:

WPF required.png

This solved the problem. These values default in the new projects but did not exist in my project. I have no clue what these are, but it works now.

View solution in original post

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Join TechCorner Challenge!
Want a fun and easy way to learn TestComplete? Try solving weekly TechCorner challenges and get into the Leaderboard!

Challenge Status

How to execute remote test and obtain results via Test Runner REST API

Participate!

Comparing content of HTML table with Excel file data

Participate!

Compare HTML table with Excel file and correct data in the file

Participate!

Retrieve Data from a Web Page

Participate!