Forum Discussion

madhavisri01
Contributor
14 years ago

VM ware related questions

Hello,

We have Test complete installed on 10 VM Machines(Float Licenses).Our customer had asked us develop Test scripts on VM Machines.I have few questions related to this.

1.Is it suggestable to develop Test scripts on VM Machines.

2.While debugging test script in VM machine if we have a break point,Test complete reaches to that break point and immediately screen freezes.We will have to kill Test Complete.exe and restart it again and remove the break point.Attached is the screenshot.

3.While creating Network Suite on one of theVM Machines,Do we need to input Username and Password?I am getting an error.

4.Do we need to have Test scripts on Physical machines(Shared Drive) or we can have it in VM also.

Please help.

Thanks,

Madhavisri

1 Reply

• Hello Madhavisri,

1.Is it suggestable to develop Test scripts on VM Machines.

I recommend that you see this article.

2.While debugging test script in VM machine if we have a break point,Test complete reaches to that break point and immediately screen freezes.We will have to kill Test Complete.exe and restart it again and remove the break point.Attached is the screenshot.

Please follow the steps below to help us collect additional information about the problem:

1. While TC hangs, launch the aqDumpGenerator.exe utility. It resides in the "<TestComplete 8>\Bin" folder.

2. In the list, select TestComplete.exe and click "Generate...".

3. In the ensuing "Browse For Folder" dialog, select the folder to store a .zip archive and click "OK".

4. Close the "Generated Dump File" dialog that appears, wait for 5 minutes and generate a new .zip archive.

5. Send us the generated files.

3.While creating Network Suite on one of theVM Machines,Do we need to input Username and Password?I am getting an error.

Yes. You can specify the login details in the "NetworkSuite" editor or specify them for each host in the "Hosts" editor.

4.Do we need to have Test scripts on Physical machines(Shared Drive) or we can have it in VM also.

The project which a task will run can reside either in a shared folder, or in a folder on the host computer. See a description of the "Project file name" task property: Editing Task Properties. If you map a shared folder to a network drive on the host computer, you can specify the project file path using the mapped drive's letter.