Forum Discussion

scot1967
Frequent Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Use TortiseGit Client Setting

I have noticed the setting in Options, Use TortiseGit client, keeps getting turned off.  Anyone else having this problem?  If not, I may have missed setting a .gitignore entry.  There are multiple users in the branch currently.  Could someone double check me on the file I should be ignoring and the entry I should make in .gitignore?

Thanks!  

9 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

That setting is not typically stored in the source that you typically back up.  That's an application configuration setting, not a project setting.  So, you need to make that change on all machines individually AND it needs to be set for all users (as I believe the configuration is stored in user profile).  

scot1967
      Frequent Contributor

Upon further investigation based on the info in your reply, the setting defaults back to 'not checked' each time I close and open the app.  Could this be an issue with the 14.4 upgrade?

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

What happens if you run as admin, make the change, then re-open?  It could be that the setting isn't being saved properly because of some write access.

scot1967
      Frequent Contributor

tristaanogre wrote:

That setting is not typically stored in the source that you typically back up.  That's an application configuration setting, not a project setting.  So, you need to make that change on all machines individually AND it needs to be set for all users (as I believe the configuration is stored in user profile).  

sonya_m   Why was this marked as a solution?  This issue is not resolved.  ğŸ˜•  Whatever I do, if I set this setting, close and reopen TestComplete, the setting gets reset.  Tortise works fine within TestComplete aslong as I remember to check this setting each time I open it.

sonya_m
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

scot1967 Just unmarked it. Having to switch it back on every time doesn't sound convenient at all.

If nothing from what tristaanogre suggested helps, I would suggest contacting support to understand the underlying reasons for this behavior.

If you do, please share what they suggest.